Friday, April 9, 2010
Picture Spring: Day 9, Everyday Beauty
Today I cleaned. I found the countertops in our kitchen, put ~2 dozen mugs in a box, because at most on any given week we use <1, recycled a heap of disposable tupperware that is lidless, because I am tired of looking for lids, culled the easter candy population, and reorganized some of our kitchen cabinets (read removed all that stuff we "set inside to get out of sight from the kids but never actually do anything about. . .ever).
But my favorite everyday thing that struck me with it's beauty today was pulling these sneakers/canvas mary janes out of the washing machine. They are absolutely Penny shoes, in every way. Sparkly, girly, scuffed up, and well loved. She's only had them for a few months.
The depth of field is super shallow on this, which was an accident, but I love how the sparkles on the back shoe are lovely bokeh.
And I am really glad they survived their first spin in the washing machine. Yeah, I did laundry too, there's always laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

a lovely picture indeed. very pretty shot.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog!hope to see you again soon!!